Devon Artist Network is offering its Emerging Artist Bursary scheme to encourage new and emerging artists to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event in 2012.
The Emerging Artist Bursary aims to nurture and encourage new talent to take the next steps in their career by helping to fund their participation in the annual open studios event.
Funded by sponsor, Helpful Holidays, this initiative which will support up to five artists living and working in Devon.
The bursaries are aimed at those taking their first steps into professional arts practice, returning to creative practice after a career break or change, or taking their art in a new direction. Applicants must be based in Devon – any art form will be considered.
Application is by email and should include a CV and letter of up to 500 words outlining:
1. What you hope to achieve during Devon Open Studios 2012.
2. How an Emerging Artist Bursary will help you to achieve this.
3. Your professional and artistic objectives for the next two years.
In addition to the above information, you will need to submit three images to support your application.
Applications and images to Claire McLaughlin, Devon Open Studios Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive by March 1. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of March. Successful applicants will receive a bursary of £100 towards their entry fees for Devon Open Studios.
For more information, contact Claire McLaughlin on 07768 164560 or email: email@example.com.
For information on Devon Open Studios and how to register, visit the website: www.devonartistnetwork.co.uk/DOSRegistration
Latest posts by artsculture (see all)
- South Hams Arts Forum Present Maker at Harbour House, Kingsbridge - December 11, 2017
- Present Makers 2017 – the best of South West makers at Thelma Hulbert Gallery - December 11, 2017
- Young artists develop entrepreneurial skills at Design to Sell 2017 - December 11, 2017