East Devon District Council’s Arts Development Team is hoping that an East Devon artist will be one of the first beneficiaries of the East Devon Artist Network’s Emerging Artist Bursary. This scheme has been launched to encourage new and emerging artists to take part in the annual Devon Open Studios event in 2011.
The Emerging Artist Bursary, supported by key sponsors Helpful Holidays, aims to nurture and encourage new talent to take the next steps in their career by helping to fund their participation in this prestigious annual open studios event. The organisers are grateful to Helpful Holidays, who are supporting this new initiative despite the difficult climate for arts funding.
The bursaries are aimed at those taking their first steps into professional arts practice, returning to creative practice after a career break or change, or taking their art in a new direction. Applicants must be based in Devon – any art form will be considered. Applications must include a CV and letter of up to 500 words outlining:
• what you hope to achieve during Devon Open Studios 2011;
• why the bursary will help/allow you to achieve this;
• your professional and artistic objectives for the next three years.
In addition to the above information, you will need to submit three images to support your application (images to be emailed or link provided to a relevant website).
East Devon’s arts officer, Ishbel Ramsay, said: “This is such an exciting opportunity. Devon Open Studios has grown in strength over the years and is now one of the best in the country. Of course I hope that an East Devon artist will win a bursary – well, I am a little biased!”
Applications must reach the Co-ordinator of Devon Open Studios, Linda Hajdukiewicz, by Tuesday, March 1.
Successful bursary recipients will be informed by Friday, March 18. Successful applicants will receive a bursary to cover half of their entry fees for the event (£75).
For more information, contact Linda Hajdukiewicz on 01271 828 180 or email email@example.com
For information on Devon Open Studios and how to register, visit the website.
(image: Birds, by East Devon artist, Catherine Cartwright. Catherine is currently holding workshops at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery as part of Animated Exeter)
Latest posts by artsculture (see all)
- 56 artists work donate to Thelma Hulbert Gallery art auction to help fund Admiral Nurse - February 22, 2018
- Celebrating Pastels | An exhibition of pastel paintings by Keith Stott and his students at Harbour House, Kingsbridge - February 21, 2018
- Beauty, disposability and the properties of being | Phillippa Mills on her Truth and Beauty show at Exeter Uni - February 20, 2018