Whether you are an experienced professional or a first-time writer, the theatre wants to hear from you. It is creating five-minute monologues to be performed in Trading Local, a series of performances taking place in shops in the city centre on Saturday, November 14 as part of Exeter Autumn Festival.
The workshops will be led by Show Of Strength’s creative producer, Sheila Hannon. At least 12 monologues by workshop participants will be selected for professional production. This is a great opportunity to learn how to turn a story into a drama.
Each workshop lasts two hours and is free, with no booking required. Participants can take part in as many workshops as they like.
• Saturday, October 3, 10.30am to 12.30pm, Music Room, Exeter Central Library, Castle Street.
• Saturday, October 3, 2pm to 4pm, St. Sidwell’s Centre, Sidwell Street.
• Monday, October 5, 7pm to 9pm, Exeter Northcott Studio Theatre, Emmanuel Road.
All workshops are free, with no advance booking required.
Latest posts by artsculture (see all)
- Truth and beauty: the thin line between the macabre and ‘perfection’ - February 15, 2018
- Music for aliens? 1970s coded message transformed into musical composition - February 13, 2018
- Suki Dhanda: Race, Place & Diversity by the Seaside in The Gallery at Plymouth College of Art - February 9, 2018