Museum Development Officers in Devon are seeking to appoint a creative freelancer with experience of working with young people and with youth provision in local government to facilitate partnerships between museums and youth services and develop proposals for innovative projects.
These projects will overcome barriers to participation in cultural activities amongst young people aged 14 to 19, change attitudes and perceptions in both young people and heritage organisations, and build lasting relationships with partner youth organisations.
- To support the development of strategic partnerships and identify appropriate methods for advocacy at county and local level to inform the development of projects in each of the four areas
- To provide contact and introductions to establish sustainable relationships between museums and local youth organisations
- To develop, in collaboration with youth organisations and museums, proposals for creative programmes of work in response to museum collections and local heritage
- To identify an appropriate method for measuring the impact of each of the local projects
- To develop a sustainable model of future working
The fee is £10,000 including VAT and expenses, work to be timetabled over the three months January to the end of March 2010 and to include the provision of a stage 1 report at the beginning of March.
- Experience of working in partnership with local authority youth or children’s services
- Experience of working in partnership with the cultural sector
- Experience of developing services targeted at youth engagement
- Experience of working with ‘hear by right’ standards framework
- Knowledge of issues and policies relating to working with young people, including knowledge of child protection issues and their relevance in a museum/gallery context
Delivery of innovative projects will be within the following four areas: Newton Abbot; Tiverton; Holsworthy/South Molton; and Okehampton
To apply please send a CV, covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, proposed methodology and time to be allocated, and the contact details of two referees by 5pm on Monday, December 14 to:
Susan Eddisford, Community Museums Officer, Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Queen St, Exeter EX4 3RX. Tel: 01392 665967
(image: entrance to Newton Abbot museum)
Latest posts by artsculture (see all)
- Young, gifted and learning disabled | Inclusive arts festival - October 11, 2019
- Priyanka Khandelwal to play Amrita Pritam in Prankur Chaturvedi’s next theatre piece, Azaad Rooh - October 11, 2019
- Must-visit hidden beaches in the North East - October 10, 2019