Plymouth Philharmonic Choir with the Orchestra of the Band of HM Royal Marines.
Sunday March 18 at 7.30pm in Plymouth Guildhall
This promises to be a night to remember. It is all too rare that Plymouth Philharmonic Choir gets the chance to join forces with The Orchestra Of The Band Of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines, Plymouth, but they are finally able to perform together again on Sunday 18 March 2018 in Plymouth Guildhall at 7:30pm.
The concert will be conducted by the choir’s own MD Christopher Fletcher who will share the podium with Royal Marines DoMs Major Huw Williams and Sargent Sam Hairsine.
A varied programme has been chosen to have widest appeal to all ages:
• Charles Villiers Stanford: Songs of the Fleet John Rutter: Gloria
• Karl Jenkins: Gloria
• Vaughan Williams: 5 Mystical Songs
Proceeds from this concert will go to the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity, which is the principal charity of the Royal Navy, supporting sailors, marines and their families, for life.
When the Philharmonic Choir has held a joint concert with the Marines previously, tickets have sold out very quickly so early purchase is highly recommended.
Advance tickets are £21; children under 16 £5. Some tickets may be available on the night (at £23). Further information can be found on the Plymouth Philharmonic Choir’s website
Tickets online: www.theticketstore.co.uk
Plymouth: Framing Centre, 83 Hyde Park Rd, 01752 255020
Tavistock: Mainly Stationery, 38 Brook St, 01822 618500
Choir ticket manager: Phone 01822 853791 or Email email@example.com
Philip R Buttall
Latest posts by Philip Buttall (see all)
- London Baroque to play in Totnes with Les Amours Baroque - January 10, 2020
- Nadsa – one of the first local Music Societies off the block in 2020 - January 8, 2020
- East Cornwall Bach Choir presents ‘Wolcum Yole’ – a Concert of Christmas Music by Benjamin Britten - December 4, 2019