Recently, 63% of respondents chose Instagram as their preferred channel for art-related purposes (up from 57% in 2017 and 48% in 2016); proving the platform to be the art world’s favourite social media platform, according to info OnBuy.com put across our desk.
Apparently they explored a release by Hiscox titled Online Trade Report 2018, to determine the condition of the online art market in 2018, the impact of social media and key challenges faced by the industry.
Some of the findings include:
· 91% of art galleries say they actively use social media.
· The online art market has grown 20-25% in the last few years.
· 62% of art galleries cite Instagram as their favourite social media platform.
· It is estimated the online art market will grow at an average rate of 15% per year.
· The White Cube is the “most popular” London gallery on Instagram – with over 400,000 followers.
For more visit the blog: https://www.onbuy.com/gb/blog/the-online-art-trade-2018~a94/.
Latest posts by artsculture (see all)
- The most visually stunning celebrity vehicles - November 15, 2019
- Catherine Cartwright | Protest in a world of facial recognition - November 7, 2019
- From books to the big screen: Successful screen adaptations - November 1, 2019